Zenzic, an organisation dedicated to accelerating the development of autonomous driving in the UK, has announced the five winners of its CAM Scale-Up program. The scheme aims to give UK-based, self-driving technology SMEs and startups the opportunity to test and develop their products through the CAM Testbed UK, a testing ecosystem created to aid the development of connected transportation and self-driving vehicle technologies.
The CAM Scale-Up program is supported by the UK’s Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV), and delivered in partnership with Plug and Play, a global open innovation program focussed on providing investment and support for startups.
The five winning startups will also gain access to a shared pot of £500,000 ($667,000) in grant funding, as well as technical and business assistance, including access to Plug and Play’s scheme offering mentorship, links to venture capital and the opportunity to present at the organization’s investment summits.
The five winning SMEs are:
- Angoka, which provides hardware-based solutions for managing the cybersecurity risks inherent in machine-to-machine communication networks used for connected and autonomous vehicles, Industry 4.0, smart cities and critical infrastructure.
- Beam Connectivity, which aims to unlock the value in the data generated by vehicle fleets. Their Connected Vehicle as a Service (CVaaS) is a robust platform connecting vehicles, cloud, IT infrastructure and mobile apps.
- Eatron Technologies, an intelligent software products and solutions company specializing in electric and autonomous vehicles.
- Helix Technologies, which is developing a range of compact, high-performance, dielectric-loaded ceramic antennas for use in a wide range of demanding telecommunications and navigation applications.
- RoboK, a Cambridge-based startup developing cost-effective 3D sensing software solutions for low-power embedded computing platforms.
Daniel Ruiz, CEO of Zenzic, commented on the competition, “We were incredibly impressed with the level of quality showcased by all the companies who were shortlisted, and we sincerely thank them for entering. The five exciting companies who are being enrolled in the Zenzic CAM Scale-Up program deserve particular congratulations for what they have achieved so far and for the huge strides forward they are taking.
“The Zenzic CAM Scale-Up program will enable the winning SMEs to deliver their innovative products to market much faster. The opportunity to safeguard and support new UK capabilities is now all the more important as the country seeks to accelerate growth out of the sharp economic downturn.”