Website TUV SUD America
Add Value. Inspire Trust.
TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in testing, inspection, and certification, has an immediate opening for an Automotive RF (EMC) Test Engineer based in Plymouth, MI.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform RF immunity and emission testing per requirements detailed in international automotive EMC standards and test procedures. Review test plans and specifications prior to the test.
- Write technical reports, communicate both orally and in writing with customers.
- Work with Account Executives and Customer Service Administrators to determine customers testing requirements and charges for required tests and other services
- Manage clients’ projects, including gathering pretest information, answering any questions that our customers may have regarding upcoming projects, and issuing work to any sub-contractors involved.
- Keep abreast of the latest EMC design theory, including detailed theoretical knowledge in the technical areas of shielding, filtering, grounding, bonding, cabling, gasketing, waveguides, and printed circuit board layout methods.
- Maintain knowledge of proper operational procedures of all test equipment including spectrum analyzers, EMC receivers, preamplifiers, quasi-peak adapters, signal/impulse generators, antennas, oscilloscopes, etc. Assure proper calibration and functioning of all test equipment.
- Keep abreast of current EMC standards, test procedures, instrumentation, technology, and TÜV engineering service capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars, and reading technical articles.
- Communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including answering questions, relaying messages, and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations for compliance, and certification requirements.
- Performs other tasks as directed by Product Manager/EMC.
- This is a second shift or third shift position.
This job may be for you if:
- Available for 2nd or 3rd shift.
- At least 3 years experience of operating/repairing/maintaining RF Equipment
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including answering questions, relaying messages, and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations for compliance, and certification requirements
- Exposure to a variety of industries such as medical, aerospace, IT equipment, laboratory equipment, and consumer goods highly beneficial
- Ability to apply and understand advanced concepts of electrical and/or mechanical nature
- Experience in a service environment is helpful, as is exposure to project management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through
- Must be able to work independently
- Shift work may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparence Policy Statement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.tuvsud.com.