Website TUV SUD America
Add Value. Inspire Trust.
TÜV SÜD America Inc., a global leader in testing, inspection and certification, has an immediate opening for an Electrical Safety Trainer based in the U.S.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop a thorough, no-hands, approach to delivering the instructional materials that may rely on tools such as PowerPoint but only for structure and sequencing.
Read the audience for difficulties in understanding, gaps in comprehension and compensate accordingly.
- Provide successful seminar participants with certificates of achievement.
- Provide follow-up items from each session.
- Define instructional aids required for each seminar session and ensure that they are in place and backups are available.
- Provide for travel logistics, cross-border documentation, lodging, transport, etc. to the instruction location.
Process seminar session tests, exams, and or evaluations.
Develop a strong understanding of the instructional materials to support smooth delivery, i.e. there is no time in a session to ‘look up’ materials.
- Provide relevant account executives with customer contacts for possible TUV SUD business follow-up
- Be prepared to practice effective listening skills in response to questions raised during a session
- Adhere to all TÜV SÜD policies and procedures.
Continuous improvement of instructional materials.
This job may be for you if:
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
- 2 years instruction experience in a technical subject area:
- Battery assemblies
- Vehicle electrical systems
- Stationary energy storage systems
- Other systems using energy storage involving DC electrical networks
- Technical knowledge:
- Electrical safety, battery technology, battery testing
- Experience with instructional grading systems
- Highly proficient with MS Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to stay focused and professional when challenged
- Attention to details in instructional materials
- Familiarity with NFPA70E
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
TÜV SÜD America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparence Policy Statement: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.tuvsud.com.