Website Teledyne LeCroy, Inc.
Bluetooth® Interoperability Testing Services
Teledyne LeCroy’s Frontline business is the world’s leading provider of Bluetooth, NFC, 802.11 and USB protocol analysis technology. We have key customers spanning the entire gamut of the consumer electronic marketplace – from chip manufacturers all the way to software stack vendors and developers. 84 of the Fortune 100 companies use Frontline tools and services. Our tools help them do their jobs more efficiently and help them build better products for their customers. We are looking for an experienced Validation Engineer to join our Automotive Solutions Group team in Farmington Hills, MI.
The Validation Engineer will be responsible for performing functional, system integration, user acceptance, preproduction testing and documentation of test results. Evaluate, troubleshoot and test in search of bugs and errors. Mentor QA Technicians.
- Assess performance and quality of customer’s products against specified criteria and standards
- Identify, analyze, and document all defects and operational characteristics inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
- Provide Root Cause Analysis of defects substantiated with device logs and Over-the-air Capture Files
- Configure test devices and set-up test environments
- Mentor QA Technicians in technical matters
- Implement improvements in test methods and strategies
- Escalate quality concerns to direct report
- Perform functional, system integrations, user acceptance, preproduction testing and documentation of test results
- Contribute to company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Able to provide verbal and written test result descriptions to customers
- Possesses good interpersonal skills and has the ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers
- Is self-motivated and able to thrive under production pressure and deadlines
- May be required to travel occasionally
- May be required to work a different shift and/or longer hours depending on the needs and deadlines of the project
- Other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by management
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- BS or Technical degree preferred
- 2-3 years of hands-on interoperability testing
- Good understanding of BT Core spec 2.0 – 4.0 preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently in an agile environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with mobile consumer devices
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-teledyne.icims.com/jobs/5334/validation-engineer/job →