Website Autodyne LLC
Location: Principal location will be at MassRobotics in the Seaport District of Boston. Secondary locations are in Concord Massachusetts and Burlington Massachusetts.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for engineering interns who are interested in augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) devices and the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
This is a paid internship position. Timing of the internship is flexible – it may run during the summer months or academic year, or both. We also envision the possibility of converting this internship to a full-time position, if/when availability permits.
As an engineering intern, your principal work assignments will involve integrating autonomous vehicle and collaborative vehicle control and mission management software with augmented reality devices and technology. One specific example of this work will be an assignment to optimize our existing UAS control station software for AR/VR devices, like the Microsoft Hololens, HTC VIVE, Meta2, and custom AR glasses/headsets.
Using the voice and gesture control capabilities along with AR/VR image overlays, our intent is to design aviation applications that are more efficiently accomplished with the use of AR/VR.
Single vehicle control, multi-vehicle control, theatre-wide overwatch capabilities are all directly relevant and expected to be part of the internship development roles.
The Autonodyne products are currently a mix of existing product sets and many that are under development or haven’t started yet. We place a strong emphasis on graphical user interfaces (GUI) and natural user interfaces (NUI) along with high levels of autonomy and artificial intelligence.
We will be a focused team of engineers based in the Boston area working on a number of rapid-paced, high-energy programs. In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Optimize the existing control station software for integration with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality devices
- Work directly with company leadership to help shape the external capability message as we talk with potential customers
- Create highly-effective customer demonstrations of the power of AR/VR
- Create objective measures qualitatively compare performance between 2D, 2 ½ D, AR and VR
- Support human-factor testing (lab and flight) of the capability
- Integrate these algorithms/code with the rest of the mission management system that is designed to be hosted on the vehicle mission computer hardware and control station system
- Support flight test, as required
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Working understanding of existing Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technology
- Ability to code in Unity environment required
- Comfortable in simulation environments required
- Computer gaming interests/experience is desired
- Ability to work in small, tight-knit and agile teams essential
- BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent complete or in-process desired
- We are seeking one or more engineering interns (undergrad or grad students both considered) who have an interest in, and desire to work with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality devices that would be directly relevant to autonomous control of multi-vehicle formations and other aviation-related applications
- Very familiar with computer gaming implementations and designs from both a developer and user perspective
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems and/or robotics, especially in the avionics domain is highly desired
- No travel is expected but should be considered possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area
- US Citizenship required
- We expect to transition this position in a full-time position
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Autonodyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com