Website Smithers MSE Ltd
Innovate with confidence
Smithers MSE Ltd is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries.
We are seeking a new Test Engineer to join our Product Testing Department, who wants to develop their skills and progress within a successful global business. Alongside tyres and wheels, we also provide testing and consultative support for a range of automotive components. Our technical support services are world leading and include failure diagnosis, design and process optimisation and material analysis.
You will be responsible for:
· Setting up and performing test programmes efficiently and on time, providing quality data and technical reports on time.
· The designing and building of test rigs and testing equipment.
· Liaising with clients on testing requirements and progress.
· Assisting in the development of new test methods.
· Supporting the maintenance and efficient organisation of equipment resources.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have experience of design and/or installation of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems. Knowledge of electrical systems, building and PLC programming a distinct advantage.
· Have demonstrated competence in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problem solving.
· Have experience in using production, testing or maintenance machinery.
· Have experience of stress and fatigue testing using fluid pressure pulsation, flow, environmental chambers and vibration tables.
· Be computer literate, demonstrating good competence in Excel, Word, Outlook, plus the ability to learn in-house systems.
· Have proven excellent communication skills whilst liaising with internal and external clients, plus has proven ability in translating lab data into meaningful commentary for clients.
· Have obtained a HNC, HND, BTEC or higher in a technical related subject, ideally in engineering, physics or material science.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package to all our employees incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and flexible working hours which includes an early finish on a Friday!
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV quoting reference number 3-21.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.