Be Pioneering. Be 100% you.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Responsible for hardware & test development activities.
- The Engineer works with test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment.
- The Engineer working with operations seeks to develop common operational tasks, develops and improves test procedures.
- Direct all aspects of burner/electrodynamics shaker testing projects.
- Leads data quality checking and data delivery.
- Perform data analysis and interpret results to help guide experiments.
- Diagnoses and resolves test cell equipment problems in a timely manner.
- Clearly communicates with Technicians the project requirements and timing.
- Work with customers to define test requirements and develop test plans.
- Be accountable for meeting test and development project objectives and meeting quality objectives.
- Work with Technicians to conduct tests and maintain test cell operation closely following the defined process.
- Configure the test cell automation system for testing, including channel set-up, calibration, programming of test sequences, and set-up of measurement instruments.
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure combustion air, engine cooling, fueling, electrical, and emissions sampling subsystems are adequate for each project.
- Ensure best engineering practices are followed.
- Update internal procedures and develop new procedures as required.
- Quality check all test cell configurations, programming, and test data.
- Seek opportunities to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes. Develop and carry out tasks to continuously improve the safety of the operation.
- Reviews requirements and specifications from users, managers, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Reviews and understands the governing requirements and specification from ISO, SAE, US EPA, state government, UL, ETL, or other agencies and organizations.
- Identifies potential quality issues and risk factors.
- Identifies actual or potential deficiencies and areas for improvement in accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness, and advocating for appropriate improvement actions with senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Hands on engineer, enjoys getting equipment operational.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience, in engineering assignments.
- OEM experience in engineering / validation.
- Specific knowledge of relevant ISO, SAE, US EPA, BAR, UL, or ETL requirements also a plus.
- Strong and sound technical ability, particularly related to hardware testing.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance processes (requirements analysis, root cause analysis, structured testing, test planning and execution, test documentation, troubleshooting, defect tracking, etc.).
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sgs.com.