Be Pioneering. Be 100% you.
Software & Technology Manager is responsible for real-time and embedded software management activities and will aid in application engineering tasks at the SGS Testing Services lab in Columbus, IN. This position directly manages seven to twelve employees and plays an immediate role in the continued success of the Software and Technology Group. Customer service and management skills are necessary, including workforce administration, P&L management, and business development support experience. Candidates should have software experience in real-time and/or embedded applications, preferably in a Linux environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as spokesman for SGS Transportation, such as participating in business development activities and creating new capabilities and services to ensure customer needs are met through the creation of an appropriate portfolio.
- Participate in high level consulting services and effectively quote/bid to internal and external customers.
- Ensure customer support/advocacy by making certain the software and application engineering team is well equipped to meet program goals.
- Interact directly with customers and other departments to support both as needed.
- Conduct, organize and actively participate in team development, coaching, and mentoring through staff training.
- Oversee project coordination, allocation and execution, including priority setting and resource utilization.
- Provide daily task management for the Software and Technology team.
- Strive to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes to ensure continual safe operation.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining quality software and application engineering project objectives.
- Coordinate with SGS senior management on fiscal planning, exploring new and innovative ways to reduce cost, and track group’s expenses and revenues.
- Create and develop visual presentations, progress reports, quotes, and other documents for the leadership.
- Extensive experience delivering software, software development services, and/ or related software experience.
- Direct hands-on experience in real-time and/or embedded applications, preferably in a Linux environment.
- Engage in the recruiting process for the Software and Technology Group.
- Independently exercise judgment and discretion in matters of significance on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with expertise in real-time or embedded software, preferably in a Linux environment.
- Experience supervising the daily tasks of software engineer teams.
- Strong and vast leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience with focus on employee development.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and drive towards customer service with strong poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Prefer a M.S. Computer or Electrical or Software Engineering.
- MBA or other business degree.
- Desire to live in the Columbus, IN area.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.