Website MTS Systems
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Reporting into our office in Surrey Research Park in Guildford but working remotely in the midlands area, we are looking with immediate effect for a:
Onsite senior field service engineer (male/female)
You will look after of our prestigious customers in the automotive industry and materials testing environment.
The role is to provide servo hydraulic and electro-mechanical competency in technical and independent consulting with onsite service and customer support while ensuring optimal employment of the MTS equipment and systems working autonomously and as part of a strong team.
You will mainly be operating in UK and Ireland but predominantly on one customer site in the midlands area.
Your main challenges consist of:
- Servo hydraulic equipment maintenance
- Working onsite with one customer but able to assist other selected customers as required
- Principal contact at the customer site for engineering requests and operational questions and issues relating to MTS test rigs and test equipment
- Troubleshooting, solving problems and repairing all types of MTS equipment on site
- Fault finding
- Take the lead of the team in critical or tricky situations
- Installing and providing planned maintenance of MTS systems
- Spare parts management
- Utilizing additional field service engineer resource as required
- Maintaining costs within budget
- Training, or arranging training for customers on site and externally
- Assisting and performing rig rebuilds and rework of MTS equipment
- Liaising with service administration as and when required
- Preparing reports
- Independent responsibility for materials (documentation, etc.) necessary to perform customer order in a satisfactory and appropriate manner
- Working together with sales and operations departments
- Insuring compliance with quality system, health and workplace safety regulations, legal regulations, CE requirements and norms and internal, technical guidelines to prevent health and financial risk
- Tracking product modifications and technical changes to MTS equipment.
Ideally some of these points are your assets:
- Degree or similar qualification in mechanical engineering and/or electrical engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of electro-mechanical systems
- Electrical and electronic knowledge
- Experience in servo hydraulic systems is a must
- Maintenance experience is a must
- Ideally you have already worked with MTS or similar machines
- Expertise in material science – would be an advantage but not essential
- Preferably five year experience in customer support and/or field service
- You like to be a customer oriented troubleshooter
- You can deal with complex technical problems
- Excellent English – written and spoken
- Computer skills, at least Word and Excel
- Clean driving license and willingness to travel
- A flexible, proactive and assertive character
- Calm under pressure
- Motivated by technology
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter including possible starting date by email to Sabine Bacher firstname.lastname@example.org.