Lely is the global market leader for robotic milking systems and produces a number of specialized innovative robots to automate daily tasks on the dairy farm. Like feeding and cleaning.
The Lely organization is quickly growing and has a strong ambition to increase pace. Our customers expect that new products live up to the standards of our existing products, which have become mature through years of service and experience. Additionally the growth of the company has led to faster ramp-ups of production for new products with lower tolerance for repairing reliability issues while producing.
This places a growing emphasis on the way we test our new products before releasing them to the field. We have a group of specialized testers that develop tests & test equipment in close cooperation with the product (design) engineers. Due to our growth, we are now looking for an experienced engineer to guide the test & verification of mechanical hardware and its integration in one of or robotic systems.
Your role is to guide the process that eventually leads to product release for volume production. You will coach both the testers and the product engineers by underlining the importance of testable requirements and data driven conclusions. You will define the system verification strategy and advice on design maturity (as tested) during milestone passage.
Your role is versatile. The emphasis is mainly on testing mechanical hardware and coaching your colleagues. Another responsibility is to monitor the system performance in our test farms where mechanics are joined with electronics and software. Maintaining a helicopter view and being able to bridge the gap between disciplines during development are essential skills.
If you feel you are up to this challenging role in a dynamic environment, please apply!
What do you bring along?
- Technical degree (BA or MSc) in Mechanical engineering, Industrial design engineering or similar.
- 5-7 years of work experience with test engineering/commissioning engineering in mechatronics product development.
- Wide technical view and interest in mechatronics systems.
Experience with test execution in a structured way and DOE.
- Experience with coaching a small team
- Knowledge of Labview, Python, statistical engineering, reliability engineering and FMEA is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present your arguments in a convincing manner.
- Experience with structured requirements management.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Driver license B.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.