Konrad Technologies design, develop and integrate test & automation solutions from R&D through to volume manufacturing. Within automotive we are a global leader in testing of Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) sensors and systems, delivering autonomous driving safety for connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV). Combining virtual drive testing and hardware-in-the-loop techniques, we are at the forefront of test and measurement of sensor technology. In manufacturing we provide turn-key production lines for radar, LiDAR, ultrasonic and vision cameras, integrating all automation processes (assembly, plasma, gluing, alignment, post cure, leakage etc).
About the Role
We are looking for a high calibre Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) Software Engineer who can help us deliver automated testing solutions primarily in the field of automotive. With high growth globally in the past 2 years, we are looking for talented candidates to support our direct activities in Northern Europe and support global Konrad development projects.
Working with the foremost companies in their field, you will get exposure to leading edge technology and work closely with customers on and off-site. Within Konrad and our wider partner network in the field of autonomous driving, this exciting role is part of a larger (and rapidly) growing world class team of experts. Representing Konrad’s technical knowledge and capabilities in ADAS you will have the opportunity to engage with customers at all levels and demonstrate exciting new test techniques delivering the safety technologies critical to the future of CAV.
Using one of our two UK offices in Dunfermline or Bedford as necessary, you will serve customers directly within the Northern European (NER) region. In addition, providing development for large and often complex inter-company projects.
Regular engagements will be required with our HQ and development centres in Germany and USA. Dependent on customer deployments and product development centres, you will be working in a diverse team of creative and talented engineers working with colleagues from around the world. This is a collaborative and dynamic working environment where colleagues respect and support each other. In a growing company you will have the opportunity to develop in your role and where appropriate take ownership of projects or become a technical expert.
You will need enthusiasm to take on new challenges and be a quick learner. Fast moving technologies, new concepts, complex problems and customer timescales will influence your day-to-day work. Often this involves technology that is seldom announced to the public and could be several years away from public release, so confidentiality is essential.
With previous customer and project experience, strong software development background and LabVIEW skills, you will develop appropriate architectures to address customer requirements. Development and debug of complex innovative electronic hardware and software will be required to support testing. Experience in high volume automation in a production context and NI TestStand would be beneficial.
You’ll need good problem solving and communication skills to ensure you deliver the best results, interfacing with customers directly and working with sales/marketing within Konrad. This role will require some international travel including the possibility of longer trips of 2-3 weeks duration.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain customer test applications
- Full lifecycle software development
- Maintain and prioritise open issues and drive solutions forward
- Assist with customer requirements capture and develop new or modified test system specifications
- Evaluate new systems, technologies and architectures
- Performance testing and quality improvement
- Work with customers on-site and travel internationally
- Be a technical lead with customers and communicate concepts clearly
Skills & Experience
We invite experienced software engineers to apply provided requirements below are met:
- Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
- At least 5 years experience in a software development role in a variety of programming languages (e.g. C/C++, C#, LabVIEW) with experience of object oriented programming
- Experience with computer controlled automated test equipment
- Understanding of test integration, automation and product test validation requirements across test lifecycles
- At least 2 years experience in a customer facing role (e.g. field application engineering)
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities
- A highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work under pressure
- Able to learn quickly and integrate successfully into teams
- Project manage as necessary
- Working knowledge of software development tools (e.g. SVN, GIT, MS Visual Studio, Linux tools)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience with National Instruments (NI) software and PXI hardware, such as TestStand, VeriStand, LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW Actor Framework and LabVIEW object oriented.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW Actor Framework, QMH or more general, highly parallel architectures and inter-process communications.
- Examples of architecting solutions from scratch and multi-tasking on a variety of projects
- Knowledge of technologies and safety critical control relevant to ADAS (e.g. machine vision, radar, LIDAR, ultrasonic, AI, functional safety systems, V2x, virtual drive test)
- Experience working with typical vehicle communication busses (CAN, LIN, LVDS, Automotive Ethernet), ECUs and HiL equipment
- Experience of high speed, high bandwidth data logging applications
- Knowledge of robotics, PLC or mechatronic systems, and appreciation of common automation processes at high volume
- Ability to help make commercially informed technical decisions when working on projects with customers
Experience in major industries such as aerospace and defence, space, medical or semiconductor.
A good degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics)
- Employer contributory pension
- Comprehensive private medical cover (PMI) for employees
- Optional discounted PMI options for partners and families
- Life insurance cover for employees
- Childcare scheme
- Free office car parking
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.