Systems Engineer (Bedford, UK)
Konrad Technologies design, develop and integrate customer-specific test solutions. We provide customers with R&D, qualification and manufacturing of electronic products with tools to fulfil their quality goals.
Within automotive we are a global leader in sensor-fusion testing of Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) delivering autonomous driving safety for connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV). Combining virtual drive testing and hardware-in-the-loop techniques, we are at the forefront of test and measurement of ADAS sensors including radar, LiDAR and vision cameras.
About the Role
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who can help us deliver automated testing solutions in the field of wireless and automotive industries. Having grown over 50% globally in the past year, we are looking for talented candidates to support our activities in Northern Europe.
Working with leading blue chip companies worldwide and tier 1 automotive suppliers and OEMs, you will get exposure to leading edge technology and asked to solve complex engineering problems. Within Konrad and our wider partner network in the field of autonomous driving, this exciting role is part of a larger (and rapidly) growing world class team of experts. Representing Konrad’s technical knowledge and capabilities in ADAS you will have the opportunity to engage with customers at all levels and demonstrate exciting new test techniques delivering the safety technologies critical to the future of CAV.
The role is based in our Konrad UK Bedford office strategically located close to key customers. Working alongside UK colleagues located in our Scotland offices, you will primarily serve customers within the Northern European (NER) region. We are focused in three major areas: Automotive, RF & wireless and test consultancy. In addition, we have product responsibility for an IoT and automotive communications tester.
Regular engagements will be required with our HQ and development centres in Germany. Dependent on customer deployments and product development centres, you will be working in a diverse team of creative and talented engineers working with colleagues from around the world. This is a collaborative and dynamic working environment where colleagues respect and support each other. In a growing company you will have the opportunity to develop in your role and where appropriate take ownership of projects or become a technical expert.
You will need enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills. Fast moving technologies, new concepts, complex problems, customer timescales and defects will influence your day-to-day work. Often this involves technology that is seldom announced to the public and could be several years away from public release, so confidentiality is essential.
The ability to engineer solutions is critical to your success – how to approach a problem, what processes to apply, how to deploy, manage it and make it commercially viable. Understanding our product capabilities, partner tools as well as broader industrial knowledge will enhance your decision making. Confidence in front of customers to articulate ideas and concepts will help support sales and marketing in competitive and commercial situations.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong problem solving and communication skills to ensure you deliver the best results, taking ownership to root cause issues. Where necessary, acting as the voice of the customer internally, managing expectations and continually updating stakeholders.
Opportunities for international travel to support WW teams and to attend major worldwide industry events where Konrad regularly showcases capabilities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop and support new test equipment deployments to meet customer performance specifications
· Work from proof of concept (PoC) through to delivery
· Produce requirements, design concepts and manage technical customer engagements
· Assist sales and marketing with technical recommendations and commercial proposals
· Mange customer projects and deployments
· Work with customers on-site and travel internationally
Skills & Experience
We invite experienced graduates as well as highly experienced engineers to apply provided requirements below are met:
· Previous experience working as a Systems Engineer or in a design/development capacity where delivering engineering solutions was a deliverable
· Previous experience in a customer facing role (e.g. field application engineering, customer support or technical marketing)
· Good understanding of test integration, automation and product test validation requirements across test lifecycles
· Intuitive knowledge of fundamental engineering theory and proven experience in architecting solutions in hardware and software
· Solid practical experience in software development in a relevant language
· Troubleshooting hardware and software to root cause problems in complex systems
· Demonstratable commercial awareness in the delivery of solutions
· Good problem solving ability
· Excellent organisational skills and project management experience
· A highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work under pressure
· Able to learn quickly and integrate successfully into teams
· Good verbal and written communication skills. Good presentation skills.
· Full UK drivers licence
· Examples of architecting solutions from scratch
· Knowledge of technologies and safety critical control relevant to ADAS (e.g. machine vision, radar, lidar, AI, functional safety systems, virtual drive test)
· Experience with vehicle and systems architectures (CAN/Flex-ray/Ethernet)
· Experience working with typical vehicle communication protocols/interfaces (CAN, LIN, LVDS, Automotive Ethernet)
· Experience of using typical development tools such as Vector, CANoe, dSpace, physical targets and simulation tools
· Knowledge of MIL, SIL & HIL test with practical experience of HIL
· Knowledge of RF basics, test techniques, communication standards and IoT market
· Knowledge of robotics or mechatronic systems
· Experience with National Instruments (NI) software and PXI hardware
· Certified LabView and TestStand Developer with the willingness to work towards Architect level (CLA)
· Experience in simulation environments or modelling software
· Use of JIRA for managing projects and defect tracking
· Experience in Microsoft Visio, CAD or design tools
· A good degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics)
· Employer contributory pension
· Comprehensive private medical cover (PMI) for employees
· Optional discounted PMI options for partners and families
· Life insurance cover for employees
· Childcare scheme
· Free office car parking
Applications to HR-UK@konrad-technologies.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to HR-UK@konrad-technologies.co.uk