Website Intertek Automotive Research
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Efficiently operates all types of assigned Gasoline/Diesel engines within a lubricant testing laboratory. Performs minor maintenance functions, such as take oil samples, complete calculation for oil adds, spark plug changes, etc.
This position reports to Supervisor, Operations.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
• Manually or by interacting with an automated electronic data acquisition/control system, operates Stationary engine testing apparatus in accordance with comprehensive written test procedures.
• Manually, or with the aid of computerized control system, maintains test parameters within established test procedure limits. Manually records data required. Obtains, labels, and takes required oil samples and/or oil adds.
• Responding to computer prompting, or as specified by written test procedures, corrects and records Air/Fuel Ratio, takes and records blow-by reading, and/or carries out any special operating instructions.
• Standard workload capacity under normal conditions should not exceed operation of 7 engines
• Performs daily lab cleaning duties to ensure orderliness and safety of all work area.
• Assists and participates in cross training on GMLSPI and FLSPI
• Responsible for complying with departmental ISO procedures.
• Performs other duties as required by Lab Supervisor
• Complies with all company and safety policies.
Must have a HS education or GED equivalent. A minimum of 6 months automotive experienced desired. Must be capable of efficiently operating a standard workload capacity with ability to multi-task. Legible handwriting, competency in basic math skills, and ability to follow oral and written instructions required. Must be available for overtime assignments on short notice.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25506&siteid=5398&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=3367251#jobDetails=3367251_5398 →