Website Hyster-Yale Group
We build tough trucks and hire cool people!
Senior Test Technician
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Senior Test Technician in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization and the Test Operations team. This position plays an important role in the validation of all new products. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including design, test, marketing, manufacturing, and procurement, to ensure we deliver quality lift trucks that meet customer requirements and acceptance. Join our team as we take forklift research, development, and testing to the next level.
• Assemble, maintain, inspect and repair prototype lift trucks to execute test plans.
• Conduct tests, analyze and evaluate data.
• Troubleshoot, inspect, and provide recommendations based on test outcomes.
• Identify and resolve development issues working closely with Test and Design Engineers.
• Communicate data analysis and interpret test results through both verbal and written reports.
• Create summary reports and recommend course of action.
• Take a lead role in Identifying and implementing processes that improve testing efficiency and overall quality of validation testing.
• Set up of specialized tests not covered in test procedures.
• Design and build test stands in support of test objectives.
• Develop and/or update engineering methods ensuring compliance with codes and standards while complying with ISO9000 certification.
• Supervision and training of Test Technicians. Interface with external customers.
• Associate of Applied Science Degree.
• Higher level Welding, Machining and Fabrication experience.
• Experience interpreting engineering drawings (components, weldments, hydraulic and electrical schematics).
• Practical understanding of machining practices, manufacturing methods and tolerances.
• Ability to operate lift trucks.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Extremely detail oriented for test accuracy and efficiency
• Capable of using Microsoft Office suite of tools, especially Excel.
• Experience with sensor selection and data acquisition systems such as SOMAT EDAQ, Vector CANalyzer including knowledge of vehicle CAN communication.
• Hands-on demonstrated abilities in fabrication, machining, welding, general mechanical and electrical repair including advanced troubleshooting issues of industrial vehicles.
• Specialized understanding of DC/AC electrical circuits.
• Mechanical aptitude and experience with vehicle repairs such as cars or trucks.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
To apply for this job please visit hysteryale.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.