Website Goken America
The ideal candidate will be experienced in automotive antenna system development and automated antenna test and measurement equipment. They should have working knowledge in RF concepts related to vehicle reception system design; such as over-the-air broadcast signals, analog and digital data modulation, and vehicle customer interface for world markets. Expertise should include reception system experience focusing on AM / FM / Cellular / DAB / DTV / Remote Keyless Entry / GPS / Satellite Radio / DSRC antennas, tuners, and RF amplifiers. Selected candidate will lead measurement and analysis of various antenna form factors such as printed on-glass, roof-mounted micro poles, sharkfin-style combination antennas, patch antennas, or other hidden antenna designs mounted on the interior or exterior of the vehicle.
– Operate low frequency tapered chamber and high frequency spherical nearfield chamber;
– Measure antenna performance characteristics for validating and improving vehicle reception system design;
– Document testing through data analysis, test reports, and technical presentations to explain and archive results;
– Lead and support the engineering test activities by applying engineering principles, experiences and various analysis tools in following established test plans/procedures to test parts/components in area of specialty to determine design feasibility and ensure parts/components meet design acceptance criteria, performance level targets and any applicable regulatory/internal standards. Lead projects within the discipline or function by monitoring and tracking the progress of projects and handle any issues that arise;
– Report and escalate to management as needed;
– Support management with test facility operations for scheduling, planning and process efficiency;
– Mentor and train other associates in the team;
– Analyze root cause of failures and promote countermeasures during development activities;
– Support implementation of corrective action plans resulting from design or manufacturing concerns;
– Ensures adherence to both industry and customer standards and best practices, and compliance to any applicable board and reviews;
– Interpret test requirements to generate test procedures and create detailed test manuals;
– Study and extrapolate customer needs from market feedback and competitor research;
– Conduct complex investigations or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible applications of results;
– Manage a sustainable budget plan to keep test facilities operational, calibrated, and prepared for future technologies;
– Specify equipment, materials, and suppliers required for completion and implementation of projects;
– Monitor test facility and equipment usage for utilization reports and projections;
– Understand and promote the need for confidentiality and discretion that surround the automotive industry.
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred;
– 5+ years of antenna design, measurement, and performance analysis experience, preferably with automotive antenna systems;
– Ability to use common RF test equipment (spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.);
– Experience troubleshooting electrical hardware, vehicle RF sub-systems, and antenna / vehicle interactions;
– Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.);
– Knowledge of and skill in MatLab, Labview, Visual Basic, and / or Python is beneficial;
– Familiarity with ETS-Lindgren EMQuest software and/or NSI-MI MI-3046 software is a plus;
– Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds;
– Possess a valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.