Website Fox Factory
The Sr. Test & Tuning Engineer is responsible for leading tuning events with OE customers, developing tuning methods, and completing supporting documentation. Responsibilities also cover developing and improving Fox tuning strategies and how to support subjective tuning with data acquisition. This position requires experience from shock tuning, data analysis, and test method development. This individual will be required to work with project teams, direct the efforts of supporting personnel, and mentor/train team members in all Fox locations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Lead efforts to develop/improve test and tuning processes, procedures, supporting tools, and documentation.
• Perform detailed engineering calculations and analysis
• Generate new shock absorber/suspension concepts to advance technology portfolio
• Participate/lead creative brainstorming sessions to solve technical challenges
• Analyze quality issues to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
• Analyze lab and field test results and provide an action plan
• Gather/analyze application data from lab and vehicle testing to support testing/tuning
• Define test methods, pass/fail criteria and create DVP (Design Verification Plans) documentation
• Manage 5-10 projects simultaneously with minimal oversight
• Coordinate and execute platform/application DVPs
• Review, sign off, and release documentation
• Train, mentor, and share experience
Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 5+ years’ experience working with shocks and shock applications. More experience is highly valued.
• Deep understanding of shock fundamentals and interaction with vehicle dynamics
• Excellent understanding of the complexity of shock tuning and control of ride experience
• Deep knowledge of suspension systems, shock absorbers, and vehicle dynamics
• Experience from both subjective and objective evaluation
• Experience with a structured product development process and best practices
• Understanding of how to support the shock tuning process with data acquisition
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization to achieve project goals
• Highest level of integrity, honesty, and work ethic
• Enthusiastic, driven, and team focused
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strong computer and documentation skills
Powered vehicle, racing, and/or suspension enthusiast
• MATLAB, scripting and data analysis experience
• Experience from advanced vehicle operation
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.ridefox.com.