Website Element Materials Technology
Element has an opportunity for a Associate Battery Lab Engineer based out of our Warren, MI automotive testing facility. In this role you will be responsible for supporting and conducting life cycle testing on cell, module, and pack level batteries in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Interpret and work to several Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) test specifications, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards
- Identify test equipment, lab facilities, and fixture resources to complete various testing per test plans
- Review test data and present to customers (OEM and Tier 1 & 2 suppliers)
- Create project summaries and final reports for customers
- Effectively communicate test details, concerns, and timing with multiple customers
- Work closely with other engineers / technicians
- Use of various data acquisition equipment
- Use of hand tools and power tools
- Overtime and weekends as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- Two years of technical / vocational training in related field. Bachelor’s degree in related testing or engineering field preferred
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain prior to beginning employment
- A functional base knowledge into the general principles of electrical and electronics is required, background in electrical testing experience preferred
- 2 years experience working with the AVL LYNX battery test automation system as well as battery cycler experience is preferred
- Experience working with and programming environmental chambers such as Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) controllers, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), data loggers, oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeter’s (DMM), and other test equipment
- Experience with vibration control systems (shakers) a plus
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://element-ext-us.icims.com/jobs/2108-1418/job?mode=apply&iis=32546 →