Website Bentley Motors
Bentley Motors has an extraordinary history and an exciting journey ahead in becoming the creators of the world’s most luxurious performance motor vehicles.
We are a global organisation operating in 59 countries with over 125,000 customers worldwide. As part of the Volkswagen Luxury Brand Group, along with Porsche and Bugatti, we are unique place to work, with people who are all driven by the same ideal: being the most successful luxury car brand in the world.
We are looking to hire a Technical Manager – Vehicle Emissions Testing to join our Powertrain and Systems Testing team.
In order to meet the technical and environmental challenges Bentley will be expanding its Powertrain test facilities to include a purpose-built fully legally compliant vehicle emissions test laboratory which will include a fully climatic test cell. The laboratory will be Phase 1 of the new Powertrain test facility which will be further developed to include, engine, transmission, hybrid, and electric vehicle test capabilities.
In order to meet the rising demand for Bentley products in ever-diverse markets with diverse environmental and fuel type requirements a progressive team of engineers and technicians will be required to support this core-business function and the future expansion of Powertrain testing.
Reporting to the Functional Manager for Emissions Test, the position holder will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing Emissions testing to meet the timings and quality requirements of customers from the Engineering, Quality and Certification departments.
- Developing robust processes to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice for Laboratory and Real World emissions testing.
- Technical responsibility for emissions testing carried out by Bentley and their external suppliers.
- Responsible for ensuring availability of the required capability and capacity of the Laboratory and future capacity planning.
Skills and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of current Emissions test technology and future trends.
- Exposure to and use of state-of-the-art test methods and processes.
- Detailed knowledge of current and future legislative requirements.
- Experience in an Automotive or related industry.
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
We want everyone who works with us at Bentley to find it a deeply rewarding experience. That’s why we have a wide range of rewards and benefits that make working here as satisfying as possible, on every level.
A competitive salary package and a brand new car (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda) every 4 months! In addition, there are lots of things we do that are designed to add to the experience of working with us. The Bentley employee benefits package includes 35 days’ holiday and the opportunity for flexible working, along with a contributory pension scheme. You will also be part of our annual bonus scheme, based on your contribution and the performance of the company as a whole.
And to top it all off, we are recognised as one of the UK’s top employers because of our dedication to personal development and colleague engagement.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional person with the ability to drive and deliver new and existing strategies.
This is a Tarif + 19-20 position within the [[Technical Conformity]] department at our Head Office in Crewe, Cheshire. Tarif + 19-20 is a management position within the organisation.
On site, we have a health club (discounted membership available), restaurant and Occupational Health Centre.
Closing Date: Monday 9th April 2018
Assessment Date: To be confirmed
On line applications please and no agencies thank you.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=9642&company=Bentley&username= →