Website Advanced Test & Automation
Do you get excited by solving technical challenges by leveraging your expertise in automotive component design, manufacturing, test equipment design, thermodynamics and heat transfer skills? If so, this role could be for you.
At Advanced Test and Automation we enable safer transportation for everyone. How? We engineer solutions to reduce recalls and emissions through the development of more efficient automotive components.
We are seeking a passionate leader who can guide the engineering team, coordinate our diverse R&D resources and act as a catalyst for solving challenging technical problems. This person will efficiently orchestrate the successful design of ATA products by working with our sales and marketing departments to guide their definition, evolution and development.
- Become one of the company’s experts for ATA products in support of our sales and marketing objectives
- Plan, organize and direct the efforts of our engineering team to meet objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing products
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Research new technologies for applicability to our products
- Select design concepts and technology for new products or improvement to existing ones
- Review mechanical, electrical and software design and recommend modifications or adjustments to meet specifications and maintain product quality
- Review design for manufacturability and testability
- Cultivate and maintain strong personal, professional and customer relationships
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to customers
- Support the Order Manager to ensure efficient production of orders (conversations with customers, estimating
- Change Orders, monitoring cost of engineering solutions)
Coordinate documentation for machine manufacturing, installation and maintenance
- Occasional local and international travel may be required
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Proven leadership experience motivating teams, collaborating with others, adapting, and organizing
- Project Management experience with the ability to think in terms of broad objectives, but deliver on the details
- Proven ability to guide a multi-skilled team to design new product variants
- Automotive component design and/or manufacturing experience
- Strong applied thermodynamics and heat transfer skills
- Test equipment design experience is an asset
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to overcome challenges with patience, creativity, and persistence.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and shifting priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Software Skills – SolidWorks (intermediate), AutoCAD electrical or ePlan (intermediate)
- Must have Driver’s License with vehicle
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com