Advancements in autonomous driving technology have the potential to create large societal benefits. Our team’s mandate is to continue to evolve AAA’s value propositions over the next decade, driving and executing against the company’s strategy to be a trusted leader in autonomous vehicle safety. For example, our team launched the country’s first autonomous shuttle on public roads, has partnered with GoMentum Station (the nation’s largest testing facility for autonomous technology) and is leading the industry in the development of safety criteria for evaluating autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for a disciplined, methods-focused strategy and operations lead to help oversee the development, as well as administer AAA’s new, innovative AV safety products. These could range from education and assessment tools and checklists, to diagnostics and third party testing. The position is expected to work well with technical experts in the field, but not necessarily a deep expert him or herself.
Why work for us?
- Impact. Play a key role in enabling the adoption of autonomous vehicles while reinventing AAA and the value propositions we deliver to 5.8M Members.
- Development. Our team is designed to incubate business concepts and business leaders. We intend for you to demonstrate your capabilities and leadership skills and earn rapid advancement.
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including salary, performance bonus, benefits, and 401(k) company match and discretionary contributions.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: humility, integrity, teamwork, and service.
What you’ll do
Your accountabilities will include:
- Plan and execute AV safety products, coordinating with proving grounds, vehicle partners, customers, technical authorities, and regulatory stakeholders as necessary.
- Help to successfully deploy commercial AV safety products by developing and executing key operational processes.
- Identify complementary AV related business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements.
- Develop structured methods and frameworks for administering AV products and also assessing new product initiatives
- Share learnings and best practices, presenting updates and insights to senior leadership.
What you need to succeed
- You have a bachelor’s degree in sciences or engineering.
- You have 3+ years of experience launching new technology products or services, ideally in the field of risk and compliance, testing, inspection and/or automotive.
- You can anticipate potential challenges, getting ahead of issues before they become problems.
- You understand the autonomous mobility ecosystem.
- You build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners.
- You exhibit strong attention to detail, follow-through and accountability.
- You keep the bigger picture in mind and are able to clearly articulate the “so what?”
- You effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
- You demonstrate curiosity, bias for action and drive to self-start.
- You are willing and able to travel, up to 20%.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ncnu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/AAA_NCNU_Careers/job/Walnut-Creek-CA---Headquarters/Business-Strategy---Operations-Lead--Autonomous-Vehicles_J104896 →