Website Drive System Design
Drive System Design (DSD) is a highly respected and innovative engineering business operating in a variety of sectors including automotive, off highway and renewable energy. It provides full product engineering and development service supported by expert knowledge in state-of-the-art design and analysis tools, ensuring the highest quality service is delivered to customers, many of which include the world’s premium car manufacturers.
Headquartered in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire DSD employs close to 100 people including c. 20 based at their Tech Center in Detroit, USA. Demand for their expertise and services continues to increase as demonstrated by its year-on-year growth over the last five years. This growth has enabled significant investments in people and facilities e.g. DSD is now the largest independent transmission test facility in the UK. DSD will grow further with a substantial part of its business now in electrification.
Reporting to the head of test and development, the successful applicant will become an integral part of the busy test and development engineering team.
Outline of role and responsibilities
– Manage all aspects of test operations
– Organisation of test master schedule for all equipment and rigs
– Prepare and manage the resource, master schedule, working closely with all engineers and technicians
– Direct line management of test and development technicians
– Proactively manage resource utilisation to maximise output and advise potential overloads
– Overall responsibility for the test cells, build shop, machine shop and vehicle workshop
– Management of planned maintenance to ensure continuous usage
– Supervision of equipment calibration
– Create and maintain work instructions for all test and development processes
– Adherence to the test systems quality process
– Ensure all technicians and engineers are adhering to safe operating practices
– Input and involvement in the test department infrastructure and upgrades
– Willingness to assist with test and development research and papers
– Work to achieving profitability, while remaining within budget and time constraints
– Considerable experience of workshop and/or facility management, preferably within a transmission, test rig or vehicle test and development environment
– Experience of managing a team
– Experience of facility and resource scheduling and planning
– Computer literate – Microsoft Office
– Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
– General understanding of automotive electronics and instrumentation systems preferable
Apply with CV and covering letter, including as much information as possible to Catherine Comber via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting DSD Ref 16.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com