Website SAIC Motor UK Technical Center
Salary: £25 – 30p/h
Purpose of the job:
- To ensure that the department is kept up to date with powertrain emerging technologies.
- To ensure all material purchased is progressed and delivered in a timely manner meeting cost and quality requirements.
- Understand emerging technologies, appraise their value and compile them into technology route maps.
- Research various sources of information such as published technical papers, technical symposiums, trade fairs, supplier presentations etc. and issue a regular technical insight for the benefit of the business.
- Development of issue and tracking of the department technical RFQ’s (request for quotation) to suppliers and ensure a timely kick-off of selected suppliers to achieve desired MRD (material requirement date).
- Ownership and timely progression of engineer raised purchase requisitions through the company sign off process.
- Process data from our available databases and analysis / disseminate in order to understand future trends.
- Present findings to the team to support the development of our product strategy.
- Ownership and update of the department technical engine specification database.
Scope of the job:
- Work with the engines department leaders and engineers to scope out the necessary route maps to support our future technology projects.
- Working with the PT product strategy planner ensure that conducted trend analyses is appropriate to support our future product portfolio planning assumptions.
- Working with the wider engines team as the single point of contact to expedite material purchase.
- Instigate and create statements of work (SoW) and request for quotation (RFQ) for material purchase.
- Reports directly to the lead engineer – advanced engines.
Skills and knowledge required:
- At least five years experience, petrol or diesel engine fundamentals.
- A data driven engineer.
- Computer literate, excellent MS Office skills.
- Experienced in gathering market intelligence and interpreting to define a strategic direction.
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- Prepared to challenge the ‘status quo’ through an inquisitive nature.
- Attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
- Ability to plan activities through continually changing priorities whilst recognising the wider business need.
- A team player.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and determined to succeed.
- Flexible and prepared to work overseas as the business needs.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company.
- Supplier interface, ability to liaise and instigate containment and recovery plans should there be supplier deficiencies.
- Supplier assessment capabilities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com